|SQL and ETL Optimization for DWH Developers|
|Intended for||SQL Developers, DW Developers|
Long-running SQL statements and ETL jobs represent a big problem in production databases. They cause problems like slow response times, database performance issues, and ETL and reporting delay.
A goal of this education is to learn how to optimize SQL statements and ETL jobs and avoid these problems. To reach the goal we need to know how the database works and we must be familiar with different database components and options like partitioning, indexes, analytics functions, database statistics, etc. Then we can apply SQL and ETL optimization techniques and design efficient SQL statements and ETL jobs.
Education is organized as a lecture where optimization techniques are demonstrated on live demo.
Who is the target audience?
- SQL & ETL Developers
- Private company employees
- Those who want to develop themselves in Database, Data Warehouse, and Business Intelligence subjects
- Data Scientists
- Those who want to learn more about SQL and ETL optimization and develop themselves in this subject
What Will You Learn?
- Basic database architecture
- What happens in the database when you issue DDL and DML statement
- Different database option useful for SQL optimization
- Understand the Execution Plan
- SQL and ETL optimization technique
- ETL optimization phases
- Basic knowledge of database, SQL and ETL
Database Basics for SQL and ETL Optimization
Basic database components
How database components work
What happens when DDL is executed
What happens when DML is executed
SQL Optimization Goals
The Execution Plan Basics
Understanding the Execution Plan
Different Query Types demand different approaches
Why is Database Statistics so important
Importance of Reducing IO
Direct Path Load vs Conventional Load
Temporary tables in ETL jobs
Aggregate tables in ETL jobs
ETL optimization phases